Subject: [Leica] Re: Ansel Adams and digital
From: plus_4 at hotmail.com (Neil Miller)
Date: Tue Jan 13 12:25:41 2009

About early 1983 I spent an afternoon at Ansel's home in Carmel doing a
story for our local TV station in Phoenix. He had a small computer at the
time and commented that he was very interested in the possibilities for
photography in the future using the new technology. It would be fascinating
to see his use of todays possibilities. NeilNeil A. MillerPhoenix, Arizonaon
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 TCB wrote:>AA had a deep, almost sensual understanding of
all of the technology involved in>making an image. I can't imagine he would
be resistant to any newer tech>available today, though I also can't imagine
he'd be locked into any kind of pure>digital rig.>On Mon 12/01/09 11:05 PM ,
Nathan Wajsman photo@frozenlight.eu sent:>> I am certain he would. In his
autobiography, written shortly before >> his death in 1984, he comments on
the then revolutionary notion of >> digital photography and makes some very
positive statements about what >> he imagines will be its possibilities. I
cannot find the exact >> reference at the moment, but it is in there.>> >>
Nathan>> >> Nathan Wajsman>> Alicante, Spain>>
http://www.frozenlight.euhttp://www.greatpix.euhttp://www.nathanfoto.com>>
Books: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/search?search=wajsman&x=0&am>>
p;y=0PICTURE OF THE WEEK:
http://www.fotocycle.dk/pawsBlog:http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog>> >> >> On Jan
13, 2009, at 12:18 AM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:>> >>>>>> I believe that if AA
was with us today, he would>> be an avid> enthusiast for>>> Photoshop as his
darkroom.>>>>> >>
Windows Live? Hotmail?: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009