Subject: [Leica] Re: Neopan Advice
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Mon Jan 12 13:39:49 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

I've been kindof hooked on Neopan 1600 in Xtol 1:2; 2 of those shots
I posted last week were shot with this combination.  This one was
obviously shot in pretty harsh light:

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/107853447

And this one's a crop (in smoother light:)

http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/image/107853445

(Actually, I had an amusing realization about this one which I'll
address in another post...)

My Nikon scanner is famously merciless about grain, so what you're
seeing here is a worst-case emphasis in that regard.  But the basic
tonality and dynamic range really work for me.

Bob Palmieri