Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hoppies in Yosemite, the last photo set
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Jan 10 05:00:51 2009

Alan and Ken, the compliment is very much appreciated. Of course it is
overly generous. I spent an hour in the Ansel Adam's gallery just in awe
again of his photographs. I bought a wonderful example.  I spent every other
second I could breathing in this place. Sometimes you have to lower your
camera too and just LOOK. If I could share some fraction of his skill and
pure joy in this place, I'd be a very happy photographer. If you enjoyed my
photographs it is because you share that joy of this magnificent wild place
as well.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009  "Ken Carney" <kcarney1@cox.net>wrote:

>Geoff,

>I think "soft light during falling snow" is superb. Really makes me
>wish I was there.  Everything is in perfect balance.  I have seen
>jillions of Yosemite photos, but this is the first (to me) successful
>color image I have seen.  You may know that AA did a significant amount
>of color work (in our reception area I have a book, "Ansel Adams in
>Color"), but I didn't see anything I liked as well as this.

>Ken
I agree with Ken.  These pictures seem to have more life than anything I've
seen from AA.

Alan

Alan Magayne-Roshak, Senior Photographer UPAA POY 1978 University
Information Technology Services University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee