Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodak stock
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Jan 7 17:16:09 2009

On Jan 7, 2009, at 6:52 PM, Seth wrote:

> P.S. I've bought some Kodak shares for my retirement account.
> Shares closed
> today at $7.34. As of 9/30/08, shares had a book value of $15.97,
> tangible
> book value (ex: goodwill and intangibles) of $8.73, and the Company
> had
> $6.72/share in cash. Shares are selling at 1950's prices.

Seth,

Unfortunately I bought Kodak a couple of decades ago at $44 when the
company was riding high on film sales. Digital technology was just a
toy in the research labs. The company expected that film would be a
cash cow for the next 50 years. It just goes to show that even
bright, highly paid executives can be wrong. And in more areas than
photography, it turns out.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Re: Kodak stock)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Re: Kodak stock)