Subject: [Leica] European travel query
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Jan 7 06:55:47 2009

At 12:23 AM 1/7/2009, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

 >Dresden is not far away by train and seems very worthwhile, based on
 >my evening spent there earlier this week. It was bitterly cold and I
 >was tired, so I just took a walk of a couple of hours, warming up with
 >Gl?hwein here and there, but what I saw was very impressive. I can
 >imagine it must be absolutely lovely during the summer. And like much
 >of the former DDR, it was really cheap. My hotel was cheaper than the
 >same chain costs here in Alicante, and my dinner (admittedly in the
 >Karstadt cafeteria, but still pretty good) was 11 Euro.

You failed to visit the Ernemann Tower?  Talk
about a Leica loyalist!  The State technical
museum is on the upper floors and includes a hell
of a display of Zeiss Ikon and Praktica gear, and
even some Werra stuff, although this has nothing at all to do with Dresden.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] European travel query)