Subject: [Leica] Make sure your film scanners are clean....
From: mknawabi.lug at gmail.com (Yama Nawabi)
Date: Wed Jan 7 03:53:17 2009

After trying to find out what the heck was wrong with my negatives, I
finally found it. It was never the negatives, it was my damned scanner!

So, I set out to clean it after looking up "dark streaks" + "coolscan"
in google, and found a neat page with instructions..

Anyway, here is a scan after cleaning:
http://flickr.com/photos/helloyama/3176722826/

And here is the same scan before cleaning:
http://flickr.com/photos/helloyama/3170650845/

Ouch. Make sure your scanner's mirror is clean. It makes a world of a
difference :(

And on the bright side, trying to find out where I was erring, I fixed
my exposure and developing :)

Cheers,

-Yama Nawabi

Replies: Reply from fredhess at phenix-visuals.nl (Fred Hess) ([Leica] Make sure your film scanners are clean....)