Subject: [Leica] Re: Cream MB
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue Jan 6 15:10:29 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 12:23 PM, Douglas wrote:

> Useless fact: The cream colour was selected for German taxis
> because it
> was the colour best able to be seen at dusk and under street
> lighting -
> many years ago MB did a test with various colours, viewing the cars
> from
> the top of an apartment block.

Our local volunteer fire company ordered a new fire truck painted
sort of a greenish cream color on the basis of research showing that
that it was more visible than the conventional red, The only trouble
was that people didn't identify it as a fire truck, thinking that it
was just a large German taxi.
after a couple of years it was repainted red. Sometimes science
works, sometimes it doesn't.

Larry Z