Subject: [Leica] Don't be shy: sink the boots ;-)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Jan 2 16:10:41 2009

And expose to the right in the first place. I don't understand Mark's
comment. You want to fill that histogram and use as much of those 81/2 stops
of Leica goodness as you can!
Push that camera histogram to just clipped. Its only a rough guide for a
jpeg anyway. Get all of the highlight tones you can, clipped ain't
necessarily clipped with Raw.
Far better to be compressing highlight values than stretching shadows.
And bracket of course.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.