Subject: [Leica] FS: My entire kit M4-2, 21 f3.4 SA, 35 & 50 Summicrons, 90 TE
From: oshaug at gmail.com (Bob O'Shaughnessy)
Date: Thu Jan 1 21:41:38 2009

It is a new year, and it saddens me to say that I don't think that I
pulled out my M kit even once in 2008.  There will be a time when
children are bigger and the house more paid off when I can get back
into an outfit like this, but now is the time to sell:

This is not by any stretch of the imagination collector gear.  I've
used this outfit for many years, and haven't babied it.  There are
dings and scratches on non essential parts, along with worn paint but
everything is mechanically and optically in excellent shape.  That
said I'll try to describe things as accurately as possible.  Photos
are available by request.

Prices are pretty well researched, but if I'm out of my mind let me
know.  Package deals will be considered.  I'm in the US and will ship
overseas.

M4-2 Body 153xxxx with strap wear, some top-plate nicks and missing
paint.  I had DAG work on this a few years back and had the vulcanite
replaced.  It is shrinking around some of the edges and corners are
coming up in the back, but otherwise the covering looks good.  The
finder is clear and the RF is aligned vertically. The rewind knob was
broken a few years back and I bought a replacement one, so it is the
best looking part.  Hotshoe works fine.  Includes an M4-2 winder (with
some battery corrosion and a broken "steering wheel" film retainer)
and an aluminum black M-Grip that centers the tripod socket and has a
finger grip.  $600 USD

21mm f3.4 Super Angulon, black 278xxxx.  With rear cap (plastic, and
cracked), proper 12501 shade (with nicked up corners) and chrome Leitz
viewfinder.  The viewfinder has been polished around the logo and
seems to have a small piece of crud behind the front element.  It also
shows brass around the edge of the eyepiece.  The lens is a good user,
with paint wear on the focusing knob.  The filter ring/shade mount is
a little loose, but is independent of the glass.  The front groups are
clear as a bell and the front jam nut shows that it has been opened
up.  The rear group is also nice and clean, but the barrel shows a
nice dent.  This all happened with the previous owner, and the lens
was repaired after the incident (This is why the front was opened up).
 I thoroughly tested it when I got it and everything is in great
shape.  Through all of my shooting this has been a great lens to work
with and I'll miss it the most.  $1300 USD

35mm f2 Summicron 261xxxx black with 12504 shade. Normal nicks an
bumps for a user lens.  Glass is excellent.  The focusing knob cracked
in half and was glued back together.  $900USD (I'm least sure of this
price, correct me if I'm wrong)

50mm f2 Summicron 244xxxx black with 12585H reversible shade and caps.
My least used lens, so it's in the best shape.  Some dings on the
shade and a little paint missing on the barrel.  Perfect glass. $500 USD

90mm f2.8 Tele-Elmarit 279xxxx black with front and rear caps.  Very
light cleaning marks on the front element.  Typical bright marks on
the barrel. $250USD

--
Bob O'Shaughnessy
bob@oshaughnessy.org