Subject: [Leica] Re: ION Scanner
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Sun Dec 28 12:50:58 2008

Larry,

What am I getting into?  A scanner that you say  that "no actual
scanning is involved"!!
Am I just spinning my wheels?

BTW,  I had one of those Honeywell Slide duplicators a while back. I t
had a strobe
for illumination during the exposure, Racked to it was a Pentax with
bellows and  a
Takumar copying lens.  I could do FAR better than 1 to 1 copying.  I
used it with
B&W, film,  colour print film and Kodachrome film.  I bought it from my
company
surplus store for $20,  when the photo lab went digital.  I think the
device was called
Repronar.

Leica sold a similar, but more elaborate British made  device called the
Bowens
Illumitran Mk 35.for the Leica Reflex.

Jerry

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Re: ION Scanner)