Subject: [Leica] Re: Scanning larger negatives
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Dec 26 07:19:36 2008

On Dec 25, 2008, at 11:53 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> I also have some old 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 negatives from the 50s. Not
> sure about
> what kind of camera but the negs are in pretty decent shape. Would
> I be able
> to scan these with one of the Nikon scanners or would I need
> something more
> specialized?

I've gotten good results with 120 and 620 negatives using an Epson
V500 scanner. It is cheap enough, around $200 at discount, so that I
could justify the purchase for a few dozen rolls of film. After I
finish with the film it will be suitable for scanning those shoe
boxes of old prints whose negatives have disappeared into the mists
of time.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re: Scanning larger negatives)