Subject: [Leica] The Peril of "First Impression"
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri Dec 26 03:59:32 2008

As you can see, a number of my posted photos are taken with the XPanII/TX-2
camera, which is a panoramic camera that uses 35mm film. It's a film camera
so the slides have to be scanned in. I do have the right equipments but it
still takes time and tolerance toward the noisy scanner. So after we came
back from Japan last year, facing tons of digital photos and 200-300 XPan
slides, I quickly selected about 10 of the XPan slides and posted them on my
LJ.

More than a year later, I have to say that First Impression can be
dangerous. I now find other pictires that are stronger, plain and simple. I
have used the camera ~10 months already at that time, but I think my comfort
level with the camera was not as strong then. So here are two more, again
from Kanazawa, Japan:

Road To Heaven, and

Pond in the Kanazawa Garden
http://rfman.wordpress.com/2008/12/26/the-peril-of-first-impression/