Subject: [Leica] Solstice at 0 degrees longitude
From: matthew at hunt.tc (Matthew Hunt)
Date: Mon Dec 22 23:47:49 2008

The Solstice fell on a Sunday so I was able to photograph the dawn, noon,
and sunset as a little project for fun.  Altogether there are two gallery
pages of pictures I took with you all in mind as a Christmas offering.
Nothing of any great photographic merit but a record of an enjoyable time in
the English countryside in winter.

The astronomical observations are:

I took the D-LUX2 to church and caught the sun as it rose over the
churchyard.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/mnsh/outings/Solstice/L1260636.jpg.html

We live near the Greenwich Meridian so I went there to make local and
universal time coincide and take a photo of the sun at its lowest noon.
Thanks Philippe for your advice about contrast in this type of picture.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/mnsh/outings/Solstice/L2011704.jpg.html

In the afternoon I went down the lane and saw the sun setting behind the
stables
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/mnsh/outings/Solstice/L2011749.jpg.html

The prettiest pictures are:

A farm
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/mnsh/outings/Solstice/L2011691.jpg.html

A church which looks like it came out of a toy kit
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/mnsh/outings/Solstice/L2011694.jpg.html

Hope you enjoy, and best wishes for Christmas to you all

Matthew
Matthew Hunt
Cottenham, Cambridge, UK

Replies: Reply from leica at web-options.com (Bob W) ([Leica] Solstice at 0 degrees longitude)