Subject: [Leica] IMG: It was a dark and stormy night...
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Dec 21 20:39:27 2008

Thanks, George and Richard.

George:  The problem here is that as "Moscow Does Not Believe In Tears,"
Seattle Does Not Believe In Snowplows. We only have enough to clear the
freeway and some major arterials.  For the other arterials, you get sand
trucks.  For the residential areas, it's strictly laissez-faire.

 From a money standpoint, it makes sense, as we usually only get a few
light snowfalls per year here.  And it usually melts in a couple of
days.  But when we really get it, the whole place shuts down--with the
exception of my employer, usually.  :-)

I was really captivated by the beauty of the swirling snow.  Ask me about
it tomorrow if I have to get to work.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: It was a dark and stormy night...)