Subject: [Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Fri Dec 19 17:57:34 2008

I received my free UV-IR filters directly from Leica in Germany via Fed
Ex today.  I read the little instruction sheet in each filter and it
says, "Leica 6-bit coded lenses are necessary for the use of this filter
with the Leica M8."

I do not have any of my lenses coded yet. Should I use the filters or
not?  In the menu, one cannot turn on using the UV-IR filter without
turning on lens detection.

What has been the experience of  LUGgers in using their UV-IR filters
without coded lenses?  Good idea or not?

Thanks for your advice... Ken Lassiter, Boynton Beach, FL

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com) ([Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters)
Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters)