Subject: [Leica] RD-1 (AGAIN) or G1? now WTB: RD-1
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri Dec 12 07:32:41 2008

You know,  all M8 users are not rich.  I drive a nine year old car.  My son
drives a 12 year old Sonoma pick-up.  My wife drives the new car, a 2004
Prius.  We work in modest jobs, I work in an Archive, doing digital
imaging.  She works for the State Health Department.

Still photography has been a hobby for me, most of my life.  I used a Pentax
Spotmatic when they were new, and you know what?  It cost me more than a
whole month's pay.  Over the years, I had Nikon and Canon, and more Pentax.
Then I bought a Leica IIIf, and had fun with it.

I later bought a M4-2 and traded the IIIf for a Summilux 50.   I traded the
Summilux for a more modern Summicron 35.   That was 25 years ago.  Over the
years, through buying and selling, and trading, I gradually acquired five
lenses and two bodies, both M7's.

I sold those two M7's to other Luggers and that financed my M8.   I'm not
rich.  I just took my time, and bought what I need.

BTW, Since I've owned the M8, I've earned enough from the output of the
camera to pay for it, not to mention the savings in film and processing.

I've never held an Epson, but I own a Bessa L, and I own a Leica MDa.   They
do the same job, but I gotta tell you, one of them feels better in my hands.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com