Subject: [Leica] Bad news at Leica
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Dec 6 17:27:16 2008

My gut guess is that its really not a sensor issue that's just me and I know
it sounds funny.
I'm sensing a feeling at the new Leica that manual focus can't compete.
And that's why the M got put on the back burner.
I think that's the issue.
They just can't have a manual focus camera be a top priority.
A problem being when they do finally get around to it, it being coming out
with a 24x36 sensor M8 camera, how mach of a client base will be left?
I'm on the verge of having to sell my M system to finance full frame digital
shooting. That could take me off this email list although I'd continue my
screw mount system.

All said we have a company putting a tremendous amount of capital into R&D
and I don't think of it as bad news - in this juncture it overwhelms the
capital coming in.
With an S, R and then finally M system DIGITAL Leica will be very much in
the ballgame and very much more so than they were in the 90's with film.

How can we convince them that the M system is ok without AF?

What the M system needs is FF not AF.

Give me FF or give me Death!

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner