Subject: [Leica] How much to charge...
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Dec 4 05:21:31 2008

At 01:14 AM 12/4/2008, you wrote:
>How much is the going rate for a documentary style event
>photographer? Specifically, it's ~5 hours in a hotel at a company
>function with about 75 people.
>
>Thanks for any suggestions.
>
>// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
>please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Hi, Richard -  It's generally advised not to charge by the hour but
by the use.  What will the photos be used for?  A brochure, an
advertising campaign, a newspaper article, prints?  Don't turn over
any rights but lease the use or, in the case of prints, charge by the
print or CD.  If you need some help coming up with a price for
specific use, I can look it up for you on FotoQuote.

Good luck!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com