Subject: [Leica] Gun Photos
From: scoutfinch at chartermi.net (Susan Ryan)
Date: Sat Nov 29 14:53:59 2008

Funny all the hubbub some portraits of inanimate objects generates.

Full disclosure - I'm from Ohio, grew up shooting, owned a
semiautomatic handgun for a long time that I enjoyed shooting in
competitions until I decided I wasn't into it anymore. I'm kind of
"not into guns" these days, and don't usually see eye to eye with lots
of "pro-gun" people's ideologies (especially my dad's.)

Hmmm, lets put this into context -

Michiel wrote:
I hate guns. I wish they didn't exist.
I just don't understand that somebody is proud of having guns, shoot
with them and advertise that on the internet.
Collecting camera's and  make pictures with them, that I understand.

Substitute the word "guns" with the word "Leicas" and you may get more
of a feel for how people who lawfully enjoy guns think and feel. Maybe
kind of like us, perhaps?

Nice portraits, Rob!

Sue