Subject: [Leica] Gun Photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Nov 29 10:40:44 2008

rob mcclure SHOWED: WOW!!!!!

> Dusted off my rarely used lightbox and shot some photos of our family's
handguns as our daugher and soninlaw were in town and brought there guns for
some target practice (family tradition here in rural Ohio).  This was a real
Kyle Cassidy moment as we set up the shots.

Unfortunately my tripod leg broke so did the shots handheld.  Some aren't as
sharp as would have liked, but it was a start, I guess.

http://gallery.me.com/remphoto#100077
<http://gallery.me.com/remphoto#100077&view=mosaic&sel=8<<<>
&view=mosaic&sel=8<<<

Holy Cow Rob,

If I had weapons in the house like this collection, I sure wouldn't want the
entire world via the internet to know for one second!

It maybe a family tradition for you folks to go target shooting, we did that
with .22 rifles on the farm when I was a kid. It was an interesting pass
time.

But isn't it possible given the whako's in the world today who may have an
entirely different idea of what they could use those guns for. regardless of
how beautifully they are photographed. Or in a very safe lock-up when not in
use.

I also realize they could be a deterrent to anyone with nefarious thoughts
of relieving you of them in the dark of night.. Or high noon!

Please see this as a passing thought from an old LUG fart who cares about
you and your family! And not some old busy body!

ted