Subject: [Leica] OT: Support group
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Thu Nov 27 22:46:03 2008

I own and regularly shoot a Leica M4 with a few very fine lenses from
Leica, Canon and Nikon.
I recently picked up a Konica Hexar and can't
stop taking photos with it. The lower magnification in the VF and the
little rubber ring around the eyepiece are a godsend for me when
wearing glasses.
I also regularly carry around either a Diax IIa or an Adox Adrette II
with 50mm Xenon lens for compactness.
Lately I have become enamored with Nikon rangefinders. I've only
handled one just once before in my life and that was 5 years ago,
before I got my first Leica M and the Nikon was a black paint SP.
Incredible. Now I find myself fantasizing about shooting an S2 with a
50mm f/1.4 lens. Not a lofty goal and not the pinnacle of Nikon RF's
either.
I'm not a collector. I'm a user and abuser. My cameras get beat up
unless I don't like them in which case they don't get used and then get
sold. My feelings are that a support group is almost necessary for this
hopeless addiction to incredible mechanical tools like these cameras.
Apologies for the OT ramble.
Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] OT: Support group)