Subject: [Leica] Uh oh, that PC Distagon...
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu Nov 27 03:00:06 2008

The 35/2.8 PC Distagon sounds like a good match for the XPan (after
RF couple mod'ed): 35 is a good FOV, wider than the standard Xpan
45mm lens but not as wide as the 30, so perhaps more versatile. The
extra 2-4 stops brighter than the 45 and 30 are a major plus. In
fact, it is the reason why I am doing this in the first place.

Well, I just so happened to do a search of PC Distagon in the B&H
Used Dept. earlier in the afternoon. Two days ago they didn't have
any :-) but today, they have one in "9 condition" for.... $999.00.
That's about $500 less than a decent price and $1000 less than one in
pristine/mint/ condition. I don't really have the budget, but it's
just too good to pass up. So I ordered it and got one of the
Contax-Xpan adapter from Ebay. Of course I will need to send the
whole combo to the mechanic to get the RF coupling done later.

I am rationalizing that if it works well, and if I decide not needing
the XPan 30mm any more, I can easily sell the 30mm lens. At least
that's my story and I am sticking with it.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)