Subject: [Leica] Was Leica's Advertising Budget - Now personal M8 experience
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu Nov 27 02:35:46 2008

See, that was the deal-breaker for me - the possibility of catastrophic
failure of the M8.

That is why I sold my M8.

Not because I needed the money, and I hated the depreciation.

But because despite the camera worked flawlessly for me for when I had
it, I couldn't stand the thought that one day it would fail, and I would
not be able to fix it.

I have shelves of Leicas, Nikons, Rollei's, Hasselblads, etc. and I know
and accept that they all depreciate, but I know, if I pick one up and
load film in it, it will work.  And if it doesn't, I pretty much know
how to fix it (well, except for me 203FE).

...Vick

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Was Leica's Advertising Budget - Now personal M8experience)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Was Leica's Advertising Budget - Now personal M8 experience)