Subject: [Leica] Any opinions/experience with the Zeiss 4/18mm? For Nathan...
From: michael at hintlian.com (Michael Hintlian)
Date: Fri Nov 21 14:09:05 2008

Geoff...

Yes, for me its large by contrast.  I hold the camera in my hand most
of the day (4 hours at a time and longer), with the strap wrapped
around my wrist...and have always worked that way.  A few ounces and a
little extra bulk seems to multiply as the day progresses.  I sold a
Leica 21mm ASPH because of this.

I hope my comments are not viewed as disrespectful, Nathan is much a
student of this stuff as I am and I share his curiousity and love for
it all.

Following his reasoning...that he likes the 24mm focal length (in
35mm), I didn't want him to expect the 18 to be a 24 in every way...it
won't be, its the same "theoretical" field of view but its different.
And the size thing was enough buzz kill for me not to jump on one
myself.

Best,

Michael

Michael Hintlian