Subject: [Leica] CIS Printing
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Nov 13 06:52:17 2008

Aram,

I personally haven't had much success with CIS, and I've tried several.
I currently use refillable carts in an R800. I bought refillable carts
and 4oz ink bottles and a chip resetter from MIS some time ago for
around $100. I've probably refilled the carts a dozen times. The bottles
are still more than half full.

I've never had a problem. No clogs or hassles of any kind. It takes less
than 5 minutes to refill a cart, reset the chip, and put everything
away. I refill about half the carts once a month. Thus a cart lasts
about two months. I'm not sure if you can still get the carts from MIS,
but I think the R1800 is similar to the R800.

I've gone through lots of printers over the years. The R800 with
refillable carts is far and away the best printing solution I've used in
terms of cost, quality and overall ease of use. The ink is so
inexpensive that I use the printer for non-photo printing. The more use
the better. Yet, even when the printer's sat idle for several weeks, no
problems. Maybe because the R800 runs intermittent cleaning cycles even
when you don't use it.

DaveR