Subject: [Leica] euro vs dollar and leica
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 27 20:02:50 2008

Sonny Carter wrote:

>Lots of gas engines need replacing at 150,000 miles.

I'm not questioning the economics of the Prius but lots of gasoline engines
last quite a bit longer than 150,000 miles.  My brother in Wisconsin (cold
winters with salty roads) has a couple of older Dodge Dakota pickup trucks
for his business with over 200,000 miles on the original drive train with no
repairs other than regular maintenance.  One of them has run well over
300,000 miles.  OTOH the Cummins diesel engine in my big truck typically
runs "only" 400,000 miles between overhauls ;-)

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] euro vs dollar and leica)