Subject: [Leica] photo not taken with a Leica, Adelaide
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun Oct 26 18:32:57 2008

Adelaide's airport is right in the city.  In some places, life is loud
because of that.  When we lived in Cambridge Street, North Adelaide, the
aircraft approaching Adelaide airport used to fly directly overhead, causing
large aircraft shaped shadows to cross the house.  But they were high enough
that it wasn't loud enough to bother me.

Friends who lived in Cowra Street, Mile End, had the planes so low that a
landing 747 did not fit in the frame of an 85mm lens on 35mm film.  The
first thing their daughter really did when she was a baby was rotate her
head to watch the planes go by.  There are houses much closer to the airport
than that too - I can't imagine what it would be like there.

The weirdest thing about this photo is that I looked around a bit and found
our car.  It's recognisable too.

Marty
Adelaide, South Australia

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene

--
See Exclusive Video: Hollywood Life's 5th Annual Style Awards
http://www.hollywoodlife.net/Awards.aspx?AwardsID=style2008