Subject: [Leica] PESO: Autumn Aspens and a summer scene
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Oct 26 16:56:21 2008

Here are a few panoramas made from M8 images.

The first was taken last month along Rt 14 as it descends to the east
after cresting by Cedar Breaks on its way to joining US 89. For those
who love the slick rock country of Utah Rt 89 is well known for
connecting Zion National Park with (among others) Bryce Canyon
National Park.

Route 14 is one of my favorite highways, a delight to drive in any car
that handles well with spectacular vistas and wonderful little parks.
As it drops from its summit it passes through a recent (in geological
terms) lava bed. A forest of aspen and pines lines this rough black
lava and I tried my hand and making an image. I didn't have a tripod
so this was done hand-held:

<http://www.adam-bridge.com/Images/AspensAndLava.jpg>

Earlier in the summer we returned from riding the RAGBRAI via the
norther tier of states. As we drove south through the western part of
North Dakota we paused to try capturing this vista. It's made up of
about 8 M8 images and covers about 120 degrees:

<http://www.adam-bridge.com/Images/NorthDakotaPanorama.jpg>

There is a joining artifact I have just noticed in this last image.
Both are pretty hefty downloads so if you're working on a slow
connection I suggest not bothering.

Comments welcome of course. Criticism encouraged.

Adam

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] PESO: Autumn Aspens and a summer scene)