Subject: [Leica] ROCKPORT 2008 - People - and Some Thoughts on the Leica M3
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun Oct 26 10:19:15 2008

I've posted photos of come of the attendees of the Rockport 2008 meet
in this album:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/rockport_2008/
or
http://tinyurl.com/6nso2q

There are two pages.  All the B&W people pictures were taken with my
Leica M3, the four color people pictures were taken with my D300 as
were the final four shots in and around Rockport.

If I've misidentified anyone or you can tell me who the TBDs are,
please let me know.

Although Carl has been very flexible regarding what kinds of cameras
we use at these meets, I felt it was simply wrong to show up at what
is nominally a Leica meet without at least some Leica gear, so I
brought along my M3, MR4 meter and a 60's era black 50 mm Summicron
lens.  Using some year-out-of-date Kodak BW400CN I found in the
'fridge, I carried the camera with me to all the meetings and took
pictures when I felt the urge.  The negatives were scanned with a
Nikon 5000ED scanner and downsized for the LUG.

I had forgotten what an astonishing camera the M3 is!  I hadn't used
it in five years.  It's so easy to use, so little in the way, and
produces such fine results - even 50 years after it was made and after
five years of moldering in a drawer.  It's a reminder, too, of the
capital-Q Quality that brought us to Leica in the first place.

Regards,

Dick
off-list comments to r.s.taylor at comcast dot net please.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] ROCKPORT 2008 - People - and Some Thoughts on the Leica M3)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] ROCKPORT 2008 - People - and Some Thoughts on the Leica M3)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] ROCKPORT 2008 - People - and Some Thoughts on the Leica M3)