Subject: [Leica] OT mac question
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Oct 23 19:40:03 2008

Could you please send a message directly to me (not to the LUG, nor CC'ing
the LUG) to which you have tried to attach a photo and presumably have
attached something?

This sounds to me like the icon cache in your Finder has become corrupted.
I'll know more when I see that message. In the spirit of giving emergency
medication before the results of the CAT scan come back, why don't you try
deleting the Finder icon cache and then relaunching the Finder. It won't
hurt anything and it might cure the patient.

To delete the Finder icon cache, move to the Trash your folder named
Library/Caches/com.apple.finder (do not confuse this with the System folder
having a similar name; the Library in question here is the one in your home
directory and not at the root.)

To relaunch the finder, go to the black Apple in the upper left corner and
choose "Force Quit"; then select Finder and click Relaunch.

Brian