Subject: [Leica] euro vs dollar and leica
From: octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas)
Date: Wed Oct 22 23:18:06 2008

On 23/10/2008, at 6:17, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> It is also good news for countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran,
> Venezuela etc., whose oil exports are denominated in USD.

exactly, the oil is priced in USD, so there is no point on looking gas
prices against any other currency if you pay in USD.
If the euro rise or fall it has not effect over gas out of the euro
zone, also you're not buying leica stuff in euros, you're buying it in
USD in a price already set by Leica.
IMHO It will be extremely optimist thinking about a price reductions
of any good due currency fluctuations only. Even more if there is into
a reasonable +-0.2 up or down the parity [either side] which seems the
natural playground of those currencies.

I feel better, to hell with photography, art, women, and all
E. Weston, 1924
http://luis.imaginarymagnitude.net/

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] euro vs dollar and leica)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] euro vs dollar and leica)