Subject: [Leica] IMG: 40 year old 135 Elmar on M8
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Sat Oct 18 08:25:55 2008

Correct (sort of)
I'm not sure if I'm using the term "back focus" properly

In straight RF mode; using the lens with the M focusing tube (with cam):
Focusing with the RF on an object at a distance of six feet
the actual focus occurs about 5.5" in front of the object.
In other words: in order to get the desired object in focus
one must focus "behind" that object (shorten the tube).

as far as the lens tube = too short
no, in this case = too long
however, I don't see it quite that way - just too confusing.

It's really a matter of the cam giving false information to the RF.
The cam needs to be adjusted to link accurately to the RF.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com