Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Kodachrome scans
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Oct 18 06:40:27 2008

PESO:

I'm working on a quick project and have been scanning 20 year old
Kodachromes for the last couple of days.  I'm still having problems,
even with Silverfast software.  Kodachromes are just hard to
scan.  The contrast seems to be beyond what scanners can handle but
it does work better scanning as RAW and processing in Lightroom.  I
do have a question about color balance.  The color is very different
in these slides because of the light at the time.  Sometimes I was in
warm sunshine, sometimes in cool open shade, sometimes in dark
houses.  So people's skin has everything from a green tinge to an
orange tinge.  That's only really noticeable when they are displayed
next to each other on a web site.  Should I adjust the color of the
skin to all be the same or should I allow for the differences in lighting?

<http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/3837836_USV9B#396236971_c6eMg-A-LB>
http://tinyurl.com/5g7f46

This is the last one.- #91  Hit the before button until you get to
#51 and that will be all of these scans.  I did two of the girl in
the blue huipil to show the warm and cool differences.

TIA

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI