Subject: [Leica] TWO G10 IMAGES
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Oct 16 22:53:41 2008

Hi Victor,
I am curious. If you view them in "original" size, there is an extreme
amount of artifacts. Is that something smugmug added, or have you
chosen a very lossy jpg level?

I suspect it wouldn't show up in a print until you get pretty big, but
my guess is that it would show up after the equivalent of an 8x10 and
the whole purpose of having a lot of pixels is being able to print
big. It looks like that advantage is neutralized by the heavy handed
processing of the image data.

But I suspect it is just a result of the jpg processing for the web,
not the original raw data. This can use raw, right?

No matter, the shots are nice.

Daniel