Subject: [Leica] Leica MP and lenses for sale
From: jackmclain at mac.com (Jack McLain)
Date: Thu Oct 16 10:52:09 2008

I am sending this on Thursday with the hope that it will appear on
Friday.

I have the following for sale:

Leica MP, black paint, 0.72 viewfinder. Used but definitely not
abused. There are very faint marks on the base plate and a spot of
brassing on the very tip of film advance lever (you have to really
look for it. ~1mm in size). As I discussed in another post this is an
early model MP (SN28807XX with the "Black" ISO dial which I understand
was limited to ~1000 cameras which apparently makes it a bit scarce
and more "collectable". Please correct me if I have that wrong). The
camera is 100% operating condition. Foam lined cardboard box with
black velvet bag. (asking $2500)

35mm f2 Summicron lens, ASPH, SN3873466, black, Germany, with lens
cap, square lens hood and rear cap. Zipped leather case, glass
flawless, original cardboard box and packaging. I would rate it 9 of
10 (asking $1900)

90mm f2 Summicron lens, SN34365XX, black, Canada, caps, retractable
hood, glass flawless, 9 of 10 (asking $800)

50mm f2 Summicron lens, SN31007XX, black, Canada, caps, hood, glass
perfect, original cardboard box with foam insert, 9 of 10, (asking $800)

28mm f1.9 Ultron Voightlander lens, Aspherical, black, lens cap, hood,
glass perfect , no rear cap, original cardboard box and packaging,
manual, 9 of 10. comes with Voigtlander bayonet adapter ring with
original box. (asking $400)

M-Grip, black, Photoequip, USA, excellent, $65.00

Leica filter E39 SL, Germany, glass flawless in original clear plastic
case
Leica filter E39, Or, Germany, glass flawless, Leica clear plastic case
Leica filter, E39, 1, Germany, glass flawless, Leica clear plastic case

I rate these lenses "9 of 10" in a good faith effort to recognize that
they are indeed used. I assume only a new lens can be "10". Maybe a
fairer description would be "excellent". Whatever......  They are in
great shape. There are no dings or scratches and all work as new with
no binding whatsoever. It is amazing too, given that I actually
carried this gear and used it passionately and while always being
conscious of safeguarding it, I did not act obsessively in an effort
to protect and preserve for future resale.

I am ambivalent to be selling this stuff, but truth be told I have not
used it in for a year or two (since I bought a Leica digital camera,
and moved, and lost my darkroom - and apparently my muse), and I am
getting a hankering to get an expensive custom road bike made for me
before my 60 year old body can no longer pedal the thing. I kinda like
having the Leica gear near by and just occasionally dry-shooting to
hear the shutter and feel the precision. Its a luxury - if I am going
to be excessive in a different direction - I can no longer afford.
Alas..... Retirement has its pluses, but conspicuous consumption is
not one of them especially now that the stock market is tanking. It
sucks having to act responsibly!

I have priced this stuff after looking at several brokers prices and
in some cases corrected (lowered) the price to what appears to me -
given the current market - to be on the fair side. If I have grossly
miscalculated please speak up even if you are not in the market to
buy.  I want neither to screw or be screwed.

I used to be a regular reader and sometime poster (words and pictures)
on this excellent group and even sold a M6 here in times past. I'm
glad to see sometimes good things dont always change for the worse.
http://jackmclain-photography.siteframe.org/
  (perhaps some of you might remember the images in the "Leica
Project" file even if you dont remember me)

regards

Jack
Maricopa, AZ

<jackmclain@mac.com>

"Freedom is supported by four boxes; the ballot, the soap, the jury,
and the cartridge"

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Leica MP and lenses for sale)