Subject: [Leica] Leica MP with "Black ISO dial".... fact or fiction?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Oct 15 21:29:39 2008

A subset of the question and Emmanuel's response is... what is the cost of
installing am ISO dial on the back of an MP?

No one can prove it was there to begin with.......

And..... what is the value of an MP with or without this "feature"?  Is
there a difference?

As an example: ::
I am the "keeper" of the Classic  M6 0.85 VF serial numbers.   There were
only 3130 produced.  We know this because Leica told us.  The extra values
of this very rare camera?  Nothing more than any other M6.
The new "rare" versions of Leica cameras are not fetching a premium.

BTW, there are an even smaller number ( maybe less than 50) of the above
camera made with the engraving of....
 LEICA CAMERA GMBH
   MADE IN GERMANY

And they too are worth no more than a common .72 Classic M6.  So rarity and
price appreciation do not go hand in hand.......at least for the new
cameras.....

Friday is the day......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I went back to the eBay listing I was referring to
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item
=230259025383#ht_3124wt_0
). The seller is saying (I think) that there is something special re:
the ISO dial being black and only 1000 cameras were so made. He is
asking for ~$1K premium because of this distinction. He appears to be
a Camera Dealer from the Wash. D.C. area. My serial number is 100
units away from the number given for the camera listed.

Is this making sense?

I will list my camera and lenses on friday as I understand that
posting "for sale" is not looked upon favorably on this list on other
days.

cheers
Jack

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica MP with "Black ISO dial".... fact or fiction?)