Subject: [Leica] Scanner Progress......
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:16:40 2008

I have four external drives, and that is probably nothing compared to some
on this list.  I copy my cards to a 10K rpm PC drive, and then copy the raw
files from there to external HD1 before I start working.  External HD1 is
then backed up to HD2, which is backed up to HD3, which is backed up to HD4.
Only one of the external HD's is connected to the PC/power routinely, never
more than two at a time.  Two of them are locked up until needed.  Short of
EMP, a fire or a really ambitious burglar, I figure one of them will
survive.  This is nothing like the arrays and backup we have at our firm,
but then I'm just a hobbyist.

I have a client who just paid $2,000 to get his laptop files back.

Ken