Subject: [Leica] OT: PC woes, Mac Guys Ignore
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:09:08 2008

I turn to you as this does have a bit of a photo
twist.  Allow me to keep it short.

For the past five or six years, I have used
Photoshop 5 as my scanning program.  No, I do not
understand the program but it does work to allow
me to scan and to process PDF files.  Or, well, it did.

Several days ago, I tired to scan a document and
the program would not load.  I fought with
Photoshop fr a day or so and then figured, well,
something has gone wrong.  I deleted it and tried
to reload it only to be met with some "Photosle"
program which seems to read every program disk as
a photo disk.  I then went to the pre-emptory
reload of Windows XP and was advised that, as I
had permitted Microsoft to send me the periodic
updates, I could no longer reload the basic program.

Any thoughts?  Anyone know of a basic and free
program which permits scanning of PDF files and
basic manipuation of them?  Or should I just do a
basic dump of the entire hard-drive and start again from the ground?

Thanks for your thoughts.  Oh, yes!  I have run
SpyBot and CCCleaner and AdAware, all to no avail.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] OT: PC woes, Mac Guys Ignore)