Subject: [Leica] re : New ZM Teletessar 85/f4 and Leica Summilux 21mm 1.4 ASPH at photokina
From: TTAbrahams at shaw.ca (TnT Abrahamsson)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:04:23 2008

Daniel
I had a chance to handle and shoot a couple of shots with Teletessar.
 Nice compact lens though the hood needs to be made reversible to make it
more palatable for storage or for dropping in the pocket. Of course, you
cant really tell performance from two or three shots, particularly at 1/30
and handheld. The out of focus areas look good and on a shot is cropped 50%
it still holds up. It would be a nice counterpart to the C-Biogon 21f4.5 and
the C Biogon 35f2.8 as a light kit for traveling in sunny climates!

 I also shot a couple of frames with the new Summilux 21mm  f1.4 Asph in the
"Africa" room at Leica. This lens impresses me to no end (+$6000 is a rather
substantial end run though). Not as big as I thought it would be, though it
does block the finder of a R4M Bessa by about 20-25%. Nice to see Leica
doing what they do best. Top end, cutting edge optics! I saw the 0,95/50
too, but as I have used multiples of Noctiluxes over the years and never
really got along or needed them - I ignored it!
 If you go to our Flickr-site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rapidwinder/
these shots should show up first as they were posted this morning. All done
with a M2 and Fuji Presto 40, souped in Beutler.
All the Best,
Tom A
http://www.rapidwinder.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rapidwinder/