Subject: [Leica] IMG: Rose Cluster, Takumar 135/3.5 on E-510
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat Oct 11 11:07:10 2008

Hi Lluis,

I did not conciously raise the saturation.  The photo was taken under bright
sunlight, and I was mainly trying to avoid blowing the highlights.  Thanks
for looking.

The photo that you refer to in my gallery was taken from the collection of
my late father-in-law.  It was most likely made in the 1930s.  During the
hard years of the depression in the US, he provided for his family in a
number of ways, including managing grocery stores, and operating this direct
positive booth at fairs and celebrations.  Kodak provided direct positive
paper and chemicals.  I've never worked with it, but my wife did, as a
child.  The image was made directly on the paper, and, if I understand it
correctly, was processed first to get a negative image, then reversed to get
a positive image, fixed, and dried.  They promised to deliver the image in
less than ten minutes.  We still have some of the photos, so they lasted
fairly well.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA