Subject: [Leica] Vacation camera lenses: What did not work?
From: andersonfe at msn.com (ferrel anderson)
Date: Fri Oct 10 14:33:20 2008

Years ago when I did not have a complete camera lens outfit, I conducted a
mental test: What lenses would be best for western scenic, nature and
wildlife vacation photography?  I concluded that a 35mm, 100mm macro and
400mm lenses would be all that I needed.  I now have them, and, gosh, I was
right!  Wide angle lenses wider than 35mm reduced mountains in scenics to
insignificance, and lenses between 100mm and 400mm just were not needed.
The other necessary equipment is a tripod and UV and  polarizer filters.  I
think a gray graduated filter would be valuable, and I will get one for the
next vacation trip.   One other Item that I think would be nice to have for
those spectacular mountain scenics (read Grand Teton National Park) would be
a Hassleblad XPan with the 45mm and 90mm lenses.