Subject: [Leica] We made it!!
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Oct 9 11:29:56 2008

PESO -

We made it down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up!  At
times I didn't think it was possible.  I've been on longer, steeper,
more strenuous trails but never one that was all three.  Standing
halfway up and looking straight up at how much further we had to go
was incredible.  It took us 9 hours to hike down the South Kaibab
Trail.  We spent the night at Phantom Ranch which was fabulous.  We
left Phantom Ranch yesterday morning at sunrise coming back up the
Bright Angel Trail and it took exactly 12 hours to hike back up about
5000 feet.

Today I'm resting and downloading all of my cards.  I used both M8s
and mostly the 35/2 and the 24/2.8 with some Voightlander 12mm.  The
sunrises and sunsets were spectacular.  The weather has been
absolutely perfect - cool and windy on top and hot with a nice breeze
on bottom.  There hasn't been a cloud in the sky since we got
here.  I'm sure the photos won't do it justice but I'll try to post some
soon.

We hope to go out through parts of the Painted Desert on the way back
to Flagstaff before we fly home tomorrow.

Hasta luego

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com