Subject: [Leica] FS: 28 Summicron....
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat Oct 4 20:07:54 2008

I'm the same way.  I never cared much for 28mm with 35mm film.  I had a
28mm lens for my OM-2, but rarely used it.  On film Ms, for the rare times
when I wanted wider than 35mm, I went straight to 25mm or 21mm CV lenses.

On the M8, I use 28mm for a 35mm almost-equivalent.  I've got the CV 28/1.9
for available light, and the CV 28/3.5 for outdoors.  The former is a good
lens, the latter is a superb lens.  A 28 Summicron (or the new 28/2 CV for
the budget-conscious) is probably the one lens a person should have on the
M8 if they preferred 35mm on film.

--Peter