Subject: [Leica] amazing Was: ariel Now: aerial photography
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Fri Oct 3 19:22:10 2008

This particular technique is very interesting?for example in
Index>Featured Work>CN Portfolio-Commuters?in that it looks he's
taking shallow-DOF closeups of miniature models or dioramas. I
initially thought the photo of the commuter train and several others
were exactly that, pictures of sections of a model-train layout, until
I came to the photo of the Seattle ferry, puzzled over the realism of
the wake, and then went back and looked at the whole portfolio
closely. Is the defocusing done in PS, or did he use an 8 x 10 (foot,
that is!) view camera with a 1000-mm f/1 lens wide open?

--howard