Subject: [Leica] Leica and Fujitsu = R10?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Oct 2 23:06:56 2008

These are programmable processors... the basic core instructions will be
identical ( S2 and R10 ) but the implementation and precise instruction set
will be slightly, different.   ( for example.. the S2 has X million pixels
organized as AxB while the R10 will have Y pixels organized as CxD.  Each
camera will use the "same" algorithms.  In addition, it is possible to tweak
each processor instruction set for the precise market.....  Whether this is
what they will do remains unknown.

It is a pretty common way of doing things......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

>Fujitsu Microelectronics Asia Pte Ltd (FMAL) today announced that
>Fujitsu Microelectronics Limited ('FML') and Leica Camera AG
>('Leica') have co-developed an image processing system

>Maybe the R10?

It's part of the S2 and I'd be very surprised if it's not also planned for
the R10.

Doug Herr