Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 39: Alicante-Bath and back
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Sep 30 21:40:18 2008

Thanks Frank.

Yes, it was Bath in southwest England. The ferry I took is the
Cherbourg-Poole route. From Poole it is only about 100 km to Bath,
along some pretty country roads through villages, so it takes a couple
of hours. Other crossings in the same area are Caen-Portsmouth. There
are also ferries directly from northern Spain to southern England
(Santander-Plymouth and one from Bilbao as well) but those crossings
take a lot longer, 19 and 26 hours respectively, and are of course
also considerably more expensive. And for me using them would still
mean having to drive around 800 km from Alicante to the Spanish cities
from which those ferries depart, so all in all it is faster for me to
drive to northern France and take a quick ferry across.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain