Subject: [Leica] RIP Paul Newman
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Sep 30 06:44:18 2008

A story I overheard over the radio the main paper in Iran which normally has
negative things on American pop culture ran the story on Paul Newman's death
in a positive way. It was an event which transcended normal politics and
entered "world culture".

There is a Yiddish expression:
"Fuesen with Paul Newman"

Which means you're messing with the wrong guy.

When your name becomes a verb or a noun or a Yiddish expression you know
you've done something.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner