Subject: [Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Thu Sep 25 21:25:30 2008

> that I've personally met and known
> do not have large disposable incomes.<<<<

as opposed to many of of the people on this list who have urged to others go
ahead and buy the M8 or mM.2.

Me, I'm a flipping school teacher. Having committed myself to a life of
service rather than personal gain, my disposable income is almost
negligible. If I ever buy a new Leica body it's going to be, by god, THE
Leica body I'm committed to for whatever life I have left - I can't afford
to do otherwise. Advice that I go ahead and buy whatever new M is available
now because I'll really really like it and can upgrade later just pisses me
off. The people who dis Leitz here are the people who see Leitz's product
development in real-world terms.

Will I ever buy another Leica body? Yes, but only if they produce one that
doesn't require me to re-format and rethink all the glass I own. If that
puts me outside their targeted marketing schema, then to hell with them.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?)