Subject: [Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu Sep 25 10:35:31 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:13 PM, <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:

>   We also hear that if we actually mention that Leica is over priced, we
> get slammed for "dissing"....

I don't think anyone slams people for giving their opinion on the pricing.
It is the constant harping against the Leica company, over and over from the
same people.

The price is what it is, just as with certain brands of Scotch, neckties,
cars, computers.  Hand made anything costs a lot to produce per unit. You
want it, and can afford to get it, then you should be able to with out
constant criticism.

I was not the earliest adopter, but I was in the first six months.   It is
no heartache to me to use a filter on the camera.  I rarely encounter a need
for anything over 640 ISO.

I love my M8, and nothing on the M8.2 appeals enough to me to part with this
one.

This one camera replaced two Leica M7's.  I almost came out of the deal
even.   This camera made me realize that a couple of my lenses actually
needed tuning, because the film cameras have enough slop in their back focus
that I didn't see the problem.

Yes the camera is expensive.  We just don't need to be periodically told
that.  We know it, and most of us early people have amortized the expense
through tax (if pros) and film/processing savings.  Friday flowers, my
weekly gift to the world, cost me about $600 a year in film/processing.  My
picture a week was at least that.   After four years of use I will have
about paid for my camera there.

--
Regards,

Sonny