Subject: [Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 25 08:25:46 2008

Kyle Cassidy <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu> wrote:

> In the serious discussion I noticed several people
> said or implied that they would probably never buy
> another M body. I may or may not myself, but I was
> thinking that I'm probably actually MORE likely to
> buy another _leica_ than I was before. I suddenly
> find the idea of having an R3 or some variant much
> more appealing than I did before. (I'd love an R8
> but I don't think the prices will likely drop into
> "affordable for goofing off" any time soon).

film: I won't buy another film Leica, the Leicaflex SL that I already have
meets my needs for a film camera and if you've looked at the KEH catalog
lately these are dirt cheap by Leica standards, like LTM cameras were in
the 1960s.

digital: if the R10 is smaller than the R8 with DMR, has a viewfinder
approaching the quality of the SL and produces files as good as or better
than the DMR, I'm all over it.  If the S2 indicates Leica's thinking w.r.t.
the R10 I'll be broke again shortly after the R10 first becomes available.
Better yet an SL3d.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?)